RecyclingWhat. Where. When.
What is Recycling?
Recycling means separating, collecting, processing, marketing and ultimately using a material that was thrown away. This morning’s newspaper can be recycled for another morning’s news or other paper products. Cans and bottles can be crafted for other uses.
Why Should We Recycle?
- Recycling reduces our reliance on landfills
- Recycling can cost less than landfilling
- Recycling protects our health and environment when harmful substances are removed from the waste stream
- Recycling conserves our natural resources
- Because it reduces the need for raw material
What Can We Recycle and How Should it Be Prepared?
- PAPER: newspaper, office paper, and cardboard can be recycled
- ALUMINUM: cans should be rinsed
- STEEL CANS: should be rinsed
- PLASTICS: soda botttles, milk jugs, detergent bottles can be recycled. These items should be rinsed clean before processing